SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) — A San Bernardino County sheriff’s deputy has died after he was punched by a driver after an off-duty traffic accident on New Year’s Eve.
The Sheriff’s Department says Lawrence Falce died Tuesday night in a hospital.
Authorities say the 70-year-old deputy and another driver collided Sunday morning near California State University, San Bernardino.
Both drivers got out of their cars. Authorities say the other driver punched Falce, who suffered a severe head injury and was placed on life support.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
He’d been with the Sheriff’s Department for more than three decades.
The other driver was arrested but his name hasn’t been released.