SAN ANTONIO (AP) — San Antonio police say a 37-year-old man suspected of fatally shooting his estranged wife or girlfriend and then fleeing with their 18-month-old son is being treated for a self-inflicted gunshot wound and the missing child has been found safe.
Authorities say Richard Concepcion is in grave condition. The couple’s son, Aaron Joseph Concepcion, was found unharmed in the back seat of Concepcion’s pickup truck in Guadalupe County, immediately east of San Antonio.
Police Chief William McManus said earlier that officers responding to a Sunday morning call to assist with a child custody exchange received a second call before arriving that there had been a shooting. They found the woman dead on the doorstep at her home.
McManus says police had responded previously to domestic trouble calls at the home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Microsoft says it has found another Russian operation targeting prominent think tanks