SAN ANTONIO (AP) — San Antonio police say a 37-year-old man suspected of fatally shooting his estranged wife or girlfriend and then fleeing with their 18-month-old son is being treated for a self-inflicted gunshot wound and the missing child has been found safe.
Authorities say Richard Concepcion is in grave condition. The couple’s son, Aaron Joseph Concepcion, was found unharmed in the back seat of Concepcion’s pickup truck in Guadalupe County, immediately east of San Antonio.
Police Chief William McManus said earlier that officers responding to a Sunday morning call to assist with a child custody exchange received a second call before arriving that there had been a shooting. They found the woman dead on the doorstep at her home.
McManus says police had responded previously to domestic trouble calls at the home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Trump says summit with Putin was 'even better' than NATO meeting; Republicans criticize his Helsinki comments