SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — A Sacramento man has been arrested after police say he threw rocks as large as footballs onto cars from a freeway overpass, injuring several people.
The California Highway Patrol says 47-year-old Pedro Ruiz Espinoza was arrested Monday on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon.
It’s not clear whether he has an attorney.
Authorities believe he’s the man who tossed rocks from several Interstate 5 overpasses onto passing cars in Sacramento, beginning in October.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Parade shooting suspect bought 5 weapons despite threats
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Once a crucial refuge, ‘gayborhoods’ lose LGBTQ appeal in major cities