CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina man is facing federal charges after threatening to kill several FBI employees.
Local media outlets report 33-year-old Marcus Strickland was arraigned in federal court on Wednesday on three counts of transmitting threats using interstate commerce.
Strickland was indicted earlier this month. Court documents say he called an FBI employee on August 3 and said he would, “gun y’all down, beat y’all.”
Weeks later, authorities say Strickland made more telephone calls to the FBI, saying, “I’ll kill y’all, blow your head off.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
Strickland was taken back to jail after pleading not guilty, and prosecutors want him mentally evaluated. It wasn’t clear if he had an attorney.