CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina man is facing federal charges after threatening to kill several FBI employees.
Local media outlets report 33-year-old Marcus Strickland was arraigned in federal court on Wednesday on three counts of transmitting threats using interstate commerce.
Strickland was indicted earlier this month. Court documents say he called an FBI employee on August 3 and said he would, “gun y’all down, beat y’all.”
Weeks later, authorities say Strickland made more telephone calls to the FBI, saying, “I’ll kill y’all, blow your head off.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Goodbye passport stamps, hello biometrics: Customs is getting faster
- California sinkhole swallows third car as drivers ignore 'ROAD CLOSED' sign
- Pentagon: Chinese spy balloon spotted over Western US
- Police now say no evidence of planned big Hollywood shooting
- Deer could be a reservoir of old coronavirus variants, study suggests
Strickland was taken back to jail after pleading not guilty, and prosecutors want him mentally evaluated. It wasn’t clear if he had an attorney.