CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina man is facing federal charges after threatening to kill several FBI employees.
Local media outlets report 33-year-old Marcus Strickland was arraigned in federal court on Wednesday on three counts of transmitting threats using interstate commerce.
Strickland was indicted earlier this month. Court documents say he called an FBI employee on August 3 and said he would, “gun y’all down, beat y’all.”
Weeks later, authorities say Strickland made more telephone calls to the FBI, saying, “I’ll kill y’all, blow your head off.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Down-ballot Democrats move to distance themselves from Sanders
- A small bookstore pondered its future after a day without a sale. After a tweet, it became overwhelmed with orders.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Case of missing Idaho children tied to doomsday beliefs, 3 deaths
- Sanders on top: Key takeaways from the Nevada caucuses VIEW
Strickland was taken back to jail after pleading not guilty, and prosecutors want him mentally evaluated. It wasn’t clear if he had an attorney.