WINDSOR, Conn. (AP) — Windsor police have identified a woman visiting the U.S. from Russia as the victim of a fatal crash involving a garbage truck.
Police confirmed Friday that 41-year-old Tatiana Vedentsova of Moscow was a passenger in a car driven by 33-year-old Pavel Kovalchuk, also of Moscow, that collided head-on Wednesday with the truck. The crash occurred on Bloomfield Avenue at about 1:25 p.m., during a winter storm.
Vedentsova sustained serious injuries and was taken to Hartford Hospital, where she later died. Kovalchuk also withstood serious injuries and was hospitalized.
Police say the pair was visiting the U.S. on business.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
The driver of the Windsor Sanitation garbage truck sustained a minor injury and was taken to St. Francis Hospital for treatment.
The crash remains under investigation.