WINDSOR, Conn. (AP) — Windsor police have identified a woman visiting the U.S. from Russia as the victim of a fatal crash involving a garbage truck.
Police confirmed Friday that 41-year-old Tatiana Vedentsova of Moscow was a passenger in a car driven by 33-year-old Pavel Kovalchuk, also of Moscow, that collided head-on Wednesday with the truck. The crash occurred on Bloomfield Avenue at about 1:25 p.m., during a winter storm.
Vedentsova sustained serious injuries and was taken to Hartford Hospital, where she later died. Kovalchuk also withstood serious injuries and was hospitalized.
Police say the pair was visiting the U.S. on business.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
The driver of the Windsor Sanitation garbage truck sustained a minor injury and was taken to St. Francis Hospital for treatment.
The crash remains under investigation.