MOSCOW (AP) — Russian transport police say a 10-year old girl flew from Moscow to St. Petersburg without identification or a ticket.
The incident that transport police reported Wednesday raises questions about security at Russian airports.
The girl, whose identity was not revealed, left home for school on Tuesday and did not return.
Alexander Rzhanenkov of the St. Petersburg city hall told Russian news agencies the girl went to Moscow’s Vnukovo airport where she mingled with a crowd boarding a flight to St. Petersburg. The official said she boarded the plane together with a large family with children. Police picked her up at St. Petersburg’s airport where she was wandering unaccompanied.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 3 feet of rain sets up 4th round of flood misery for Sydney
Children’s rights ombudsman Pavel Astakhov said on Wednesday the girl’s trip sends “a serious alert sign” about airport security.