ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Greek police say the head of the consular section at the Russian Embassy in Athens has been found dead in his apartment, but there are no immediate indications of foul play.
A consular employee found the body of 54-year-old Consul Andrey Malanin at his apartment in the Greek capital on Monday.
Police say a coroner will examine the body, while the police homicide department also is investigating the death due to Malanin’s diplomatic status.
Police say the body bore no visible injuries and the apartment did not appear to have been burglarized.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Police seize guns in Snohomish County from man accused of 'preparing for race war'
- Pelosi takes charge of photo Trump meant as degrading
- Rep. Elijah Cummings, Democratic leader and forceful Trump opponent, dies at 68
- Seattle hotelier Ambassador Gordon Sondland overseeing $1 million renovation of residence in Brussels
- US envoy says Giuliani was given role on Ukraine policy
Russia’s ambassador to Turkey, Andrei Karlov, was assassinated by a riot police officer while speaking at a photo exhibit in Ankara last month.