TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — Officials in New Jersey suspended an ROTC instructor who put his middle finger up at a student and acted inappropriately toward others.
NJ.com reports the State Board of Examiners agreed to suspend Shellie Mackson’s Teacher of Military Science certificate for two years following a 2014 investigation. Mackson had been certified since 2005.
According to the board, Mackson cursed at a Passaic County Technical Institute student and flipped off another student in 2004. The state also found that Mackson touched a student’s butt while helping her with her uniform. Claims that Mackson kissed a student were dismissed.
Mackson resigned from Passaic County Technical Institute following the accusations. He later taught in the Asbury Park schools where he received complaints.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
Mackson didn’t respond to a request for comment.
Information from: NJ Advance Media.