ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — The Rochester Red Wings have signed a lease deal with Monroe County, New York, to keep the minor league baseball team at Frontier Field for at least another decade.
WHEC reports that the lease agreement comes after months of uncertainty over the future of the Red Wings in Rochester.
Under the deal, Monroe County will make continuous capital improvements to Frontier Field. Rochester Community Baseball will pay the county $100,000 a year in rent.
The Red Wings, an affiliate of the Minnesota Twins, begin their 2018 season at Frontier Field on April 6 against Buffalo.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Florida marks milestone in Everglades python control program VIEW
- Judge orders Vancouver, Wash., teen to start paying off $37M for starting Columbia Gorge wildfire
- Police say reported abduction was hoax
- Parents go to court to boot 30-year-old son from home
- The princes, the president and the fortune seekers
The team has played at Frontier Field since 1997.
Information from: WHEC-TV, http://www.10nbc.com