ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — The Rochester Red Wings have signed a lease deal with Monroe County, New York, to keep the minor league baseball team at Frontier Field for at least another decade.
WHEC reports that the lease agreement comes after months of uncertainty over the future of the Red Wings in Rochester.
Under the deal, Monroe County will make continuous capital improvements to Frontier Field. Rochester Community Baseball will pay the county $100,000 a year in rent.
The Red Wings, an affiliate of the Minnesota Twins, begin their 2018 season at Frontier Field on April 6 against Buffalo.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police fatally shoot man near Ravenna Park
- Drinking alcohol key to living past 90, study says
- Seattle arboretum loop trail opens up new vistas, opportunities VIEW
- Seattle-area's cold snap to last with spring still a month away, weather service says
- Northeast Seattle street project stirs cars-vs.-bikes debate
The team has played at Frontier Field since 1997.
Information from: WHEC-TV, http://www.10nbc.com