ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — The Rochester Red Wings have signed a lease deal with Monroe County, New York, to keep the minor league baseball team at Frontier Field for at least another decade.
WHEC reports that the lease agreement comes after months of uncertainty over the future of the Red Wings in Rochester.
Under the deal, Monroe County will make continuous capital improvements to Frontier Field. Rochester Community Baseball will pay the county $100,000 a year in rent.
The Red Wings, an affiliate of the Minnesota Twins, begin their 2018 season at Frontier Field on April 6 against Buffalo.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump says he'll give State of Union after shutdown ends VIEW
- AP Exclusive: Adoptee deported by US sues S. Korea, agency
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- How anonymous tweets helped ignite a national controversy over MAGA hat teens
- Nathan Phillips, Native American in standoff with teens, faces scrutiny of his military past
The team has played at Frontier Field since 1997.
Information from: WHEC-TV, http://www.10nbc.com