ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — The Rochester Red Wings have signed a lease deal with Monroe County, New York, to keep the minor league baseball team at Frontier Field for at least another decade.
WHEC reports that the lease agreement comes after months of uncertainty over the future of the Red Wings in Rochester.
Under the deal, Monroe County will make continuous capital improvements to Frontier Field. Rochester Community Baseball will pay the county $100,000 a year in rent.
The Red Wings, an affiliate of the Minnesota Twins, begin their 2018 season at Frontier Field on April 6 against Buffalo.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
- 'I shot a whole family of baboons': Idaho Fish and Game official faces fury after Africa trophy hunting boasts
The team has played at Frontier Field since 1997.
Information from: WHEC-TV, http://www.10nbc.com