ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — The Rochester Red Wings have signed a lease deal with Monroe County, New York, to keep the minor league baseball team at Frontier Field for at least another decade.
WHEC reports that the lease agreement comes after months of uncertainty over the future of the Red Wings in Rochester.
Under the deal, Monroe County will make continuous capital improvements to Frontier Field. Rochester Community Baseball will pay the county $100,000 a year in rent.
The Red Wings, an affiliate of the Minnesota Twins, begin their 2018 season at Frontier Field on April 6 against Buffalo.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Italian bridge collapse sends cars plunging, killing 26 WATCH
- How to find and delete Google’s tracking of your devices
- Google tracks your movements, like it or not
- Woman tells police she's a 'clean, thoroughbred, white girl'
- Glacier latest US park to be scorched by Western wildfires VIEW
The team has played at Frontier Field since 1997.
Information from: WHEC-TV, http://www.10nbc.com