TITUSVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a suspicious device that shut down a Florida high school turned about to be a student’s robotics team project.
Florida Today reports that Titusville High School and surrounding roads were closed on Thursday after the device was found in the school’s courtyard.
Police say investigators determined Friday morning that the device was meant to shoot makeshift missiles, similar to a T-shirt cannon. Police say the student left the device unintentionally, and no criminal charges were reported.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: Florida Today (Melbourne, Fla.), http://www.floridatoday.com