WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Wichita police say a liquor store manager shot and wounded man allegedly tried to rob the store.
Police were called Tuesday to F&K Liquors in southeast Wichita after employees reported two men walked into the store, showed a gun and demanded money.
KAKE-TV reports the manager followed the men out of the store and fired several shots.
An 18-year-old suspect was hit in the leg. Police spokesman Charlie Davidson says he is expected to recover and will be booked into jail for aggravated robbery when he’s released from the hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
The second suspect fled but was later arrested.
Davidson says investigators believe the suspects are connected to other recent robberies.
Information from: KAKE-TV.