WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Wichita police say a liquor store manager shot and wounded man allegedly tried to rob the store.
Police were called Tuesday to F&K Liquors in southeast Wichita after employees reported two men walked into the store, showed a gun and demanded money.
KAKE-TV reports the manager followed the men out of the store and fired several shots.
An 18-year-old suspect was hit in the leg. Police spokesman Charlie Davidson says he is expected to recover and will be booked into jail for aggravated robbery when he’s released from the hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
The second suspect fled but was later arrested.
Davidson says investigators believe the suspects are connected to other recent robberies.
Information from: KAKE-TV.