WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Wichita police say a liquor store manager shot and wounded man allegedly tried to rob the store.
Police were called Tuesday to F&K Liquors in southeast Wichita after employees reported two men walked into the store, showed a gun and demanded money.
KAKE-TV reports the manager followed the men out of the store and fired several shots.
An 18-year-old suspect was hit in the leg. Police spokesman Charlie Davidson says he is expected to recover and will be booked into jail for aggravated robbery when he’s released from the hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- 'I shot a whole family of baboons': Idaho Fish and Game official faces fury after Africa trophy hunting boasts
The second suspect fled but was later arrested.
Davidson says investigators believe the suspects are connected to other recent robberies.
Information from: KAKE-TV.