WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Wichita police say a liquor store manager shot and wounded man allegedly tried to rob the store.
Police were called Tuesday to F&K Liquors in southeast Wichita after employees reported two men walked into the store, showed a gun and demanded money.
KAKE-TV reports the manager followed the men out of the store and fired several shots.
An 18-year-old suspect was hit in the leg. Police spokesman Charlie Davidson says he is expected to recover and will be booked into jail for aggravated robbery when he’s released from the hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
The second suspect fled but was later arrested.
Davidson says investigators believe the suspects are connected to other recent robberies.
Information from: KAKE-TV.