NEW YORK (AP) — A group of thieves dressed as construction workers have robbed a New York City jewelry store in a brazen afternoon holdup.
Police say the four struck a jewelry store in Brooklyn on Thursday. One of the men had positioned himself outside of the store wearing a white hazmat suit and holding a sign that read “Danger asbestos. Men at work.”
Police say the other three were inside, assaulting an employee and stealing more than $800,000 dollars’ worth of gold, jewelry and cash. Police later found the hazmat suit nearby after the thieves fled the scene.
The 67-year-old employee suffered a cut on his head and was taken to a hospital for observation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge
- Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to 1/6 panel
- Parade shooting suspect bought 5 weapons despite threats
So far, police have made no arrests.