WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus says that Vice President Joe Biden is more “likable” than Hillary Rodham Clinton, the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination.
Priebus told the “Today” show Wednesday that Biden would probably be a tougher opponent than Clinton.
He made the comments amid recent speculation that Biden will enter the race. Biden’s associates have resumed discussions about a possible 2016 presidential run after largely putting aside such deliberations during his son’s illness and following his death earlier this year.
Priebus said that a lot of people like Biden, regardless of whether they agree with his politics.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A cure for Type 1 diabetes? For one man, it seems to have worked
- The best time to get a COVID booster shot: What the science tells us
- Firefighters launch tense rescue after pet tortoise traps pet dog in underground burrow
- Celebrated snowboarder Marko Grilc, 38, dies in accident at resort
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
He added that “likability is probably the No. 1 issue on the ballot.”