WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus says that Vice President Joe Biden is more “likable” than Hillary Rodham Clinton, the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination.
Priebus told the “Today” show Wednesday that Biden would probably be a tougher opponent than Clinton.
He made the comments amid recent speculation that Biden will enter the race. Biden’s associates have resumed discussions about a possible 2016 presidential run after largely putting aside such deliberations during his son’s illness and following his death earlier this year.
Priebus said that a lot of people like Biden, regardless of whether they agree with his politics.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Seattle scientist digs up deleted coronavirus genetic data, adding fuel to COVID origin debate
- Wing of Miami-area condo collapses; many feared dead
- Washington state extremist pays a price after unmasking by left
- When will COVID pandemic 'end'? It’ll largely be individual decision
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
He added that “likability is probably the No. 1 issue on the ballot.”