COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — Concepts for a riverfront revitalization plan in Council Bluffs include an elevated walkway through the trees, a pavilion with a rooftop restaurant and a marina.
The Omaha World-Herald reports that those were among ideas floated Wednesday during a community meeting on plans to transform the Council Bluffs side of the Missouri River.
On June 12, the Riverfront Revitalization Planning Committee plans to present a master plan for the Omaha riverfront during an open house at Gallup in Omaha.
A national team of experts is working to develop a master plan for areas in and around River’s Edge from north of Hanafan Park to the Union Pacific Bridge in Council Bluffs, as well as Gene Leahy Mall, Heartland of America Park and Lewis and Clark Landing in Omaha.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Analysis: French anger shifts from pension law to focus on Macron
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- COVID's still out there. Here's what to do if you get it now.
- Should you get another COVID booster?
- Stolen valor: The U.S. volunteers in Ukraine who lie, waste and bicker
Information from: Omaha World-Herald, http://www.omaha.com