COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — Concepts for a riverfront revitalization plan in Council Bluffs include an elevated walkway through the trees, a pavilion with a rooftop restaurant and a marina.
The Omaha World-Herald reports that those were among ideas floated Wednesday during a community meeting on plans to transform the Council Bluffs side of the Missouri River.
On June 12, the Riverfront Revitalization Planning Committee plans to present a master plan for the Omaha riverfront during an open house at Gallup in Omaha.
A national team of experts is working to develop a master plan for areas in and around River’s Edge from north of Hanafan Park to the Union Pacific Bridge in Council Bluffs, as well as Gene Leahy Mall, Heartland of America Park and Lewis and Clark Landing in Omaha.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
Information from: Omaha World-Herald, http://www.omaha.com