LONDON (AP) — London police have made at least one arrest at as a march by a right-wing political group turned violent in the British capital.
Hundreds of supporters of the Democratic Football Lads Alliance were walking in central London on Saturday when a few started pushing the British police monitoring the march.
One person threatened a policeman and screamed, “I’ll kill you!”
Police were deployed at Trafalgar Square to keep the Football Lads from a group of counter-demonstrators, including some who shouted “Nazi scum, off our streets!”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Some link depression, failed LASIK
- 'Nobody should work here — ever': Teen uses intercom to quit Walmart
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
The Football Lads website said the march was meant to protest Islamic extremists returning to England from Syria, migrants coming into Britain and what it called the mistreatment of U.K. veterans.
Police had imposed time limits on the march to reduce the potential for trouble.