STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) — Officials say a Pennsylvania high school rifle team has received thousands of dollars in donations since the school board refused a grant from the National Rifle Association.
The (Allentown) Morning Call reports that businesses unhappy with the decision by the Stroudsburg Area School Board raised $6,750 and turned it over to the district Wednesday for the Stroudsburg High School rifle team.
Meanwhile, a GoFundMe campaign that Democratic state Rep. Maureen Maddenhad started Monday night had reached more than $5,200 Wednesday, passing its $4,730 goal, the amount of the NRA grant.
The board voted 6-2 against accepting the NRA grant, which was intended to replace outdated equipment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- To defend Trump, conservatives smear journalist presumed dead
Information from: The Morning Call, http://www.mcall.com