NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP) — Six former patients of a retired pediatrician have filed lawsuits claiming the Connecticut doctor sexually assaulted them during examinations in the 1970s and 1980s.
The Hartford Courant reports (http://cour.at/1V6pZ3Z ) the two most recent lawsuits against 92-year-old Robert Rackliffe were filed earlier this month in New Britain Superior Court.
The first lawsuit alleging sexual assault at the hands of Rackliffe was filed in May 2014.
The abuse is said to have occurred at Rackliffe’s New Britain practice between 1972 and 1986. The victims, three boys and three girls, ranged from 4 years old to high school age at the time.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's what we know about the 'delta-plus' variant, already detected in U.S. and elsewhere
- Scientists expected thawing wetlands in Siberia's permafrost. What they found is 'much more dangerous.'
- Mass. COVID-19 outbreak mostly infected the vaccinated, CDC finds; few needed hospitalization
- Officer dead, suspect killed in violence outside Pentagon
- Passenger arrives taped to his seat after assault of 3 flight attendants
Attorney William Sweeney says Rackliffe denies any wrongdoing.
Information from: Hartford Courant, http://www.courant.com