NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP) — Six former patients of a retired pediatrician have filed lawsuits claiming the Connecticut doctor sexually assaulted them during examinations in the 1970s and 1980s.
The Hartford Courant reports (http://cour.at/1V6pZ3Z ) the two most recent lawsuits against 92-year-old Robert Rackliffe were filed earlier this month in New Britain Superior Court.
The first lawsuit alleging sexual assault at the hands of Rackliffe was filed in May 2014.
The abuse is said to have occurred at Rackliffe’s New Britain practice between 1972 and 1986. The victims, three boys and three girls, ranged from 4 years old to high school age at the time.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She was told surgery would cost about $1,300. Then the bill came: $229,000
- CDC urges adults 50 and older to get a 2nd booster
- Don’t take a rapid COVID test too soon: How and when to swab
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- The angry white populist who paved the way for Trump
Attorney William Sweeney says Rackliffe denies any wrongdoing.
Information from: Hartford Courant, http://www.courant.com