YULEE, Fla. (AP) — Authorities in Florida say a retired fire lieutenant sought for DUI manslaughter in the death of his wife earlier this year has been found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the cemetery where she’s buried.
The Florida Times-Union reports the body of 48-year-old Curtis Alan Bollinger was found Tuesday in the Live Oak Baptist Church cemetery.
Nassau County Sheriff Bill Leeper says Bollinger was wanted on a DUI manslaughter warrant for the April death of his 29-year-old wife Shannon Marie Bollinger.
Officials say Bollinger lost control of a motorcycle he and his wife were riding and it went through the median. The Bollingers were thrown from the motorcycle and onto the road. A passing vehicle hit and killed Shannon Bollinger.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them