NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP) — Officials say a retired pediatrician from Connecticut accused of sexual assault in lawsuits filed by six former patients died over the weekend.
The Hartford Courant reports (http://cour.at/1OvWdGP ) Robert Rackliffe passed away in his Farmington home at the age of 92. Rackliffe, a World War II veteran, worked in the New Britain area as a pediatrician for more than 50 years before retiring.
Six lawsuits pending in Hartford and New Britain Superior Courts allege Rackliffe sexually abused three boys and three girls during physical examinations that ranged from 1972 to 1986.
Attorney William Sweeney says his client denied any wrongdoing before his death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Don’t take a rapid COVID test too soon: How and when to swab
- What is monkeypox, the rare virus now confirmed in the U.S. and Europe?
- Traveling this summer? CDC recommends everyone test for COVID-19 in days before flying
- 5-term Idaho attorney general loses in GOP primary battle
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Officials say the cases remain pending and will now be lodged against Rackliffe’s estate. Court records suggest Rackliffe was questioned already on at least two of the lawsuits.
Information from: Hartford Courant, http://www.courant.com