BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A retired Boise priest is denying he possessed or distributed child pornography.
KTVB-TV reports that Rev. W. Thomas Faucher pleaded not guilty Friday in 4th District Court to 18 counts of possession of child pornography, three counts of distribution of child pornography and three counts of drug possession.
His trial is set for August.
The 72-year-old retired priest is being held in the Ada County Jail on $1 million bond. He served as pastor at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Boise until 2014. He was arrested in February.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Why nonalcoholic beer beats regular beer after exercise
- 75-year-old hiker found on mountain as search continues for missing actor
- Want to break up with your gas fireplace? Here's how to convert it
- Earth’s inner core paused, then reversed its spin. This is fine
- How do you live to be 100? Good genes, getting outside and friends
Prosecutors say Faucher was in possession of more than 2,000 images and videos of child pornography with some depicting the rape and torture of children.
Information from: KTVB-TV, http://www.ktvb.com/