GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi fast-food restaurant says people smoking marijuana in its drive-thru will not be served after a patron blew smoke in an employee’s face.
The Sun Herald of Biloxi reported Friday that a sign in the window of a Sonic in Gulfport says “If you are smoking weed in the drive thru you will not be served! Please show some common courtesy and smoke and air out before pulling up to order.”
Manager Yasman Freeman says the sign was posted roughly two weeks ago, after the employee had smoke blown in their face. She also says employees were tired of smelling pot when taking orders.
Freeman says it has curtailed some unwanted aromas that would waft from patrons’ vehicles, and a lot of pictures have been taken of it too.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- A child abductee's journey back
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
Information from: The Sun Herald, http://www.sunherald.com