EDGEWATER, N.J. (AP) — Residents of a New Jersey condominium allege a local pizzeria is blowing smoke into their building.
A municipal court trial date has been set for Izzy’s Pizzeria owner Dimitri Vlahakis in Edgewater. The Record reports he is accused of violating the borough’s health code by letting the smoke from his wood-burning oven into nearby condominiums.
Vlahakis appeared before an Edgewater Municipal Court judge Thursday evening in connection with the health code violation charge. He agreed to a trial on June 7 and says he will represent himself for now.
Izzy’s Pizzeria in Edgewater opened about a year ago.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
The pizzeria owner could face fines of up to $500 for each day the offense persists.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com