MEDAN, Indonesia (AP) — Rescuers say a passenger from a helicopter that crashed two days ago was found alive floating on a lake in western Indonesia.
They were still searching for four other people who reportedly managed to jump off the helicopter before it crashed in the lake.
The chartered Eurocopter EC-130 helicopter was reported missing Sunday about 17 minutes after taking off from an island in Toba Lake en route to North Sumatra province’s capital, Medan. It had two crewmen and three passengers.
Heronimus Guru, the deputy operation director at the National Search and Rescue Agency, said Fransiskus Subihardayan, 22, was found floating naked on Tuesday afternoon about 2 miles from Samosir Island.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hacker known as Max is 55-year-old woman from Russia, U.S. says
- Man gets 10-year sentence for attacking and coughing on person who asked him to pull up mask
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Two Montana sweethearts were fatally shot in 1956. The case was just solved.
- Off-duty flight attendant detained after an in-flight struggle, Delta says
He was rushed to a clinic and is in stable condition.