MEDAN, Indonesia (AP) — Rescuers say a passenger from a helicopter that crashed two days ago was found alive floating on a lake in western Indonesia.
They were still searching for four other people who reportedly managed to jump off the helicopter before it crashed in the lake.
The chartered Eurocopter EC-130 helicopter was reported missing Sunday about 17 minutes after taking off from an island in Toba Lake en route to North Sumatra province’s capital, Medan. It had two crewmen and three passengers.
Heronimus Guru, the deputy operation director at the National Search and Rescue Agency, said Fransiskus Subihardayan, 22, was found floating naked on Tuesday afternoon about 2 miles from Samosir Island.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- After coronavirus superspreader event at Sturgis, Missouri hosts thousands at Lake of the Ozarks bike rally
- Trump Supporters Disrupt Early Voting in Virginia
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski says she doesn't support filling Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's seat before the election
- Trump pledges woman for court, pushes Senate to move on pick VIEW
He was rushed to a clinic and is in stable condition.