MEDAN, Indonesia (AP) — Rescuers say a passenger from a helicopter that crashed two days ago was found alive floating on a lake in western Indonesia.
They were still searching for four other people who reportedly managed to jump off the helicopter before it crashed in the lake.
The chartered Eurocopter EC-130 helicopter was reported missing Sunday about 17 minutes after taking off from an island in Toba Lake en route to North Sumatra province’s capital, Medan. It had two crewmen and three passengers.
Heronimus Guru, the deputy operation director at the National Search and Rescue Agency, said Fransiskus Subihardayan, 22, was found floating naked on Tuesday afternoon about 2 miles from Samosir Island.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fauci on what working for Trump was really like
- Wealthy couple chartered a plane to the Yukon, took vaccines meant for Indigenous elders, authorities said
- The handwarming story of how Bernie Sanders got his inauguration mittens
- Supreme Court ends Trump emoluments lawsuits
- ‘A total failure’: The Proud Boys now mock Trump
He was rushed to a clinic and is in stable condition.