HONOLULU (AP) — Officials are searching for a Hawaii big wave surfer after he went missing on Oahu’s North Shore earlier this week.
Coast Guard officials said in a statement Thursday that 59-year-old Alec “Ace Cool” Cooke was last seen Tuesday before he went surfing during a 20-to-25-foot swell near Waimea Bay. His girlfriend reported him missing Wednesday after he didn’t return to his Waialua home.
Police found Cooke’s truck with his dog and keys still inside early Thursday near Waimea Bay, a popular surfing spot.
Officials are searching the area and asking anyone with information about his whereabouts to call police.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cambridge Analytica database identified Black U.S. voters as ripe for 'deterrence,' British broadcaster says
- Chaotic first debate: Taunts overpower Trump, Biden visions WATCH
- AP FACT CHECK: False claims swamp first Trump-Biden debate VIEW
- 4 take-aways from the first 2020 presidential debate VIEW
- 'I have never supported Donald Trump': Portland-area sheriff hits back after president claims his endorsement in debate