HONOLULU (AP) — Officials are searching for a Hawaii big wave surfer after he went missing on Oahu’s North Shore earlier this week.
Coast Guard officials said in a statement Thursday that 59-year-old Alec “Ace Cool” Cooke was last seen Tuesday before he went surfing during a 20-to-25-foot swell near Waimea Bay. His girlfriend reported him missing Wednesday after he didn’t return to his Waialua home.
Police found Cooke’s truck with his dog and keys still inside early Thursday near Waimea Bay, a popular surfing spot.
Officials are searching the area and asking anyone with information about his whereabouts to call police.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Biden splits from Trudeau, extending travel curbs at U.S.-Canada land border
- 16 days to die at Pearl Harbor: Families weren't told about sailors trapped inside sunken battleship
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
- A Grizzly Bear Terrorized a Man for Days in Alaska. The Coast Guard Saw His SOS.
- Should vaccinated people start wearing masks again?