WASHINGTON (AP) — Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul has raised $7 million for his 2016 presidential bid.
A spokesman for the first-term Republican senator confirmed the fundraising total on Friday, less than a week before presidential candidates must filed their second-quarter numbers with the Federal Election Commission.
Paul’s report doesn’t include money raised by any allied groups.
Paul’s team reports that much of his support came from small-dollar donors, a sign of grassroots support. Spokesman Sergio Gor says more than 108,000 individual donors gave money to the campaign.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Is it time to change the definition of ‘fully vaccinated’?
- A white teacher taught white students about white privilege. It cost him his job
- CDC issues 'very high' risk warning for travel to France, Portugal
- A climber found a trove of gems in the Alps amid a 47-year-old Boeing 707 wreck. He gets to keep half.
- Parents of accused Michigan school shooter have ties to Issaquah