WASHINGTON (AP) — Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul has raised $7 million for his 2016 presidential bid.
A spokesman for the first-term Republican senator confirmed the fundraising total on Friday, less than a week before presidential candidates must filed their second-quarter numbers with the Federal Election Commission.
Paul’s report doesn’t include money raised by any allied groups.
Paul’s team reports that much of his support came from small-dollar donors, a sign of grassroots support. Spokesman Sergio Gor says more than 108,000 individual donors gave money to the campaign.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The Earth is now trapping an 'unprecedented' amount of heat, NASA says
- GOP congressman refuses to shake hands with D.C. police officer who protected the Capitol on Jan. 6, lawmakers say
- Biden signs bill making Juneteenth a federal holiday
- Woman falls to death at indoor climbing gym
- COVID 'hygiene theater' persists, from touchless mustard to banned ice-cream cones