LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Police body camera video shows a man who was fatally shot by officers in Kentucky’s largest city was armed with a screwdriver.
Louisville Police Maj. Frank Hardison said at a news conference Monday that three officers repeatedly asked 45-year-old Russell T. Bowman to drop the screwdriver before they used their stun guns on him. Hardison said Bowman charged at police, and two officers fired their weapons.
Louisville Police Chief Steve Conrad said the stun guns had no effect on Bowman. Conrad released Bowman’s name and identified the officers as Devin Dawes and Matthew Aden. He said both have been on the force since 2015.
Hardison said Bowman was white, as are the officers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- ‘It was like a zoo:’ Death on an unruly, overcrowded Everest
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in