CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A West Virginia inmate accused of shooting at a police officer during a hospital escape is facing multiple felony counts.
Media outlets report 31-year-old Bryan Lee Ogle II of Sevierville, Tennessee, was arraigned Sunday in Kanawha County. Among the charges are attempted murder and unlawful assault of a law enforcement officer.
A criminal complaint says Ogle escaped from Charleston Area Medical Center’s General Hospital, where he was taken for injuries following a recent arrest.
The complaint says Ogle was found outside Saturday and fought with officers from Montgomery and Charleston. It says one officer fell down steps and Ogle seized the officer’s gun and fired two shots, one striking the other officer’s belt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Ogle was being held Sunday on $500,000 bond. It wasn’t immediately known if he had a lawyer.