CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A West Virginia inmate accused of shooting at a police officer during a hospital escape is facing multiple felony counts.
Media outlets report 31-year-old Bryan Lee Ogle II of Sevierville, Tennessee, was arraigned Sunday in Kanawha County. Among the charges are attempted murder and unlawful assault of a law enforcement officer.
A criminal complaint says Ogle escaped from Charleston Area Medical Center’s General Hospital, where he was taken for injuries following a recent arrest.
The complaint says Ogle was found outside Saturday and fought with officers from Montgomery and Charleston. It says one officer fell down steps and Ogle seized the officer’s gun and fired two shots, one striking the other officer’s belt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Fire claims popular recreation spots in Southern California VIEW
Ogle was being held Sunday on $500,000 bond. It wasn’t immediately known if he had a lawyer.