CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A West Virginia inmate accused of shooting at a police officer during a hospital escape is facing multiple felony counts.
Media outlets report 31-year-old Bryan Lee Ogle II of Sevierville, Tennessee, was arraigned Sunday in Kanawha County. Among the charges are attempted murder and unlawful assault of a law enforcement officer.
A criminal complaint says Ogle escaped from Charleston Area Medical Center’s General Hospital, where he was taken for injuries following a recent arrest.
The complaint says Ogle was found outside Saturday and fought with officers from Montgomery and Charleston. It says one officer fell down steps and Ogle seized the officer’s gun and fired two shots, one striking the other officer’s belt.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
Ogle was being held Sunday on $500,000 bond. It wasn’t immediately known if he had a lawyer.