CARTERSVILLE, Ga. (AP) — About 70 people at a Christmas-themed lingerie party have been arrested and charged with marijuana possession in Georgia.
News outlets report Cartersville police said in a release that officers responded to a suburban home about 40 miles from Atlanta early Sunday morning. Partygoers told police the loud sounds were fireworks, not gunshots.
The Cartersville Daily Tribune reports that police found evidence of drugs and started an investigation. It’s not clear how much pot police found, but at least 63 people were charged with possession of less than 1 ounce (28 grams).
A flyer obtained by WXIA-TV described the event as a “Christmas lingerie/pajama party” celebrating a 21st birthday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'You people with this phony Emoluments Clause': Cabinet meeting devolves into 71 minutes of Trump grievances
- ‘Are you talking to me?’ Trump’s anger on impeachment erupts
- Mitt Romney admits to running secret Twitter account under the alias 'Pierre Delecto'
- Trump likens House impeachment inquiry to 'a lynching' VIEW
- U.S. diplomat in Ukraine text messages to testify to Congress
Lt. M.E. Bettikofer with Cartersville police says the investigation is ongoing.