CARTERSVILLE, Ga. (AP) — About 70 people at a Christmas-themed lingerie party have been arrested and charged with marijuana possession in Georgia.
News outlets report Cartersville police said in a release that officers responded to a suburban home about 40 miles from Atlanta early Sunday morning. Partygoers told police the loud sounds were fireworks, not gunshots.
The Cartersville Daily Tribune reports that police found evidence of drugs and started an investigation. It’s not clear how much pot police found, but at least 63 people were charged with possession of less than 1 ounce (28 grams).
A flyer obtained by WXIA-TV described the event as a “Christmas lingerie/pajama party” celebrating a 21st birthday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
Lt. M.E. Bettikofer with Cartersville police says the investigation is ongoing.