OGDEN, Utah (AP) — Sheriff’s deputies responding to a report of a dead deer on the side of a highway in northern Utah instead found the dead body of a mountain lion that apparently had been struck by a vehicle.
The Standard-Examiner reports that Morgan County sheriff’s Sgt. Corey Stark says no vehicles were at the scene along Interstate 84 when deputies arrived Tuesday night.
Conservation outreach manager Phil Douglass of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources says the incident is a reminder for drivers to watch for wildlife.
Douglass says it isn’t common for cougars to be hit by cars but that it’s not unprecedented either.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Family's Alaska fishing trip becomes nightmare with 3 dead and search over for 2 more
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Woman drives onto tow truck ramp and flies 120 feet in crash, video shows
- Liz Cheney vows to stop Trump's 3rd White House bid
- New details of Jeffrey Epstein's death and the frantic aftermath revealed in records obtained by AP VIEW