HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a murder suspect has been fatally shot by police officers serving a warrant at a Florida home.
The Sun Sentinel reports that the shooting occurred Wednesday morning in a Hollywood neighborhood.
Hollywood police say the man was suspected in a killing in Miami and added officers from both departments were serving the warrant. Authorities didn’t immediately release details about what led to the shooting or how many officers were involved.
Miami police have been investigating the Aug. 23 shooting of 27-year-old Netrievae White, and the case led them to nearby Hollywood.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
Police weren’t immediately releasing the names or races of the suspect or the officers involved in Wednesday’s shooting.
Information from: Sun Sentinel , http://www.sun-sentinel.com/