BRISTOW, Va. (AP) — A martial arts teacher in northern Virginia has been arrested after a 5-year-old student was thrown to the ground and lost consciousness.
Prince William police spokesman Nathan Probus tells the Washington Post 21-year-old Justin Patrick Branick was teaching a taekwondo class in Bristow, Virginia, on Tuesday and became angry at one of his students. He says Branick picked the boy up by the ankle and threw him over his shoulder.
Probus says the boy fell and lost consciousness. The child was taken to a hospital for treatment. Probus says authorities arrested Branick on a charge of felony child abuse.
It wasn’t clear if Branick has an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here's what you need to know.
- What you need to know about the CDC's new mask guidance
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com