LOS ANGELES (AP) — A spokesperson for Ronnie Wood says the Rolling Stones guitarist has had a lung lesion successfully removed and is expected to make a full recovery.
Wood, who turns 70 next week, says in a statement that he is grateful to doctors who found the lesion in its early stages.
He is not expected to require further treatment and the procedure will not affect the Stones’ upcoming tour, which kicks off in Europe in September.
Wood joined the Rolling Stones in 1975.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, wanted to join crowd
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years for helping Epstein
- Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes