RENO, Nev. (AP) — A Reno woman charged with injuring her toddler was found guilty of child abuse.
KTVN-TV reports 30-year-old Lashae R. Gallon was convicted last week on a charge of child abuse or neglect with substantial bodily harm.
Authorities say Gallon took her 23-month-old son to a hospital in December 2015 due to a severe head injury, prompting Reno police and child protective services to investigate.
Gallon told authorities that the child had fallen out of a crib the day before, and he began having seizures.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
Medical officials found the injuries were not consistent with a fall, leading to Washoe County prosecutors to file the criminal charge.
Medical experts gave testimony at trial, saying the injury was consistent with abusive head trauma.
Gallon is scheduled to be sentenced in April.
Information from: KTVN-TV, http://www.ktvn.com