RENO, Nev. (AP) — A Reno woman charged with injuring her toddler was found guilty of child abuse.
KTVN-TV reports 30-year-old Lashae R. Gallon was convicted last week on a charge of child abuse or neglect with substantial bodily harm.
Authorities say Gallon took her 23-month-old son to a hospital in December 2015 due to a severe head injury, prompting Reno police and child protective services to investigate.
Gallon told authorities that the child had fallen out of a crib the day before, and he began having seizures.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH
Medical officials found the injuries were not consistent with a fall, leading to Washoe County prosecutors to file the criminal charge.
Medical experts gave testimony at trial, saying the injury was consistent with abusive head trauma.
Gallon is scheduled to be sentenced in April.
Information from: KTVN-TV, http://www.ktvn.com