RENO, Nev. (AP) — A Reno woman charged with injuring her toddler was found guilty of child abuse.
KTVN-TV reports 30-year-old Lashae R. Gallon was convicted last week on a charge of child abuse or neglect with substantial bodily harm.
Authorities say Gallon took her 23-month-old son to a hospital in December 2015 due to a severe head injury, prompting Reno police and child protective services to investigate.
Gallon told authorities that the child had fallen out of a crib the day before, and he began having seizures.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
Medical officials found the injuries were not consistent with a fall, leading to Washoe County prosecutors to file the criminal charge.
Medical experts gave testimony at trial, saying the injury was consistent with abusive head trauma.
Gallon is scheduled to be sentenced in April.
Information from: KTVN-TV, http://www.ktvn.com