RENO, Nev. (AP) — A Reno woman charged with injuring her toddler was found guilty of child abuse.
KTVN-TV reports 30-year-old Lashae R. Gallon was convicted last week on a charge of child abuse or neglect with substantial bodily harm.
Authorities say Gallon took her 23-month-old son to a hospital in December 2015 due to a severe head injury, prompting Reno police and child protective services to investigate.
Gallon told authorities that the child had fallen out of a crib the day before, and he began having seizures.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
Medical officials found the injuries were not consistent with a fall, leading to Washoe County prosecutors to file the criminal charge.
Medical experts gave testimony at trial, saying the injury was consistent with abusive head trauma.
Gallon is scheduled to be sentenced in April.
Information from: KTVN-TV, http://www.ktvn.com