RENO, Nev. (AP) — A 73-year-old Reno woman has been killed in a two-vehicle crash on a parkway on the south end of town during the morning commute.
Reno police say Bonnie Saviers was attempting a left turn from Brittany Meadows onto Steamboat Parkway when her red Mini Cooper was struck in the side by a black Nissan pickup about 7:45 a.m. Friday.
Two juveniles in the pickup were not seriously injured.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation. Police say it’s not known if drugs or alcohol played a role in the collision.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
Anyone with information is asked to call Reno police at 775-334-2141.