SHARON, Vt. (AP) — Vermont State Police teams looking for a 19-year-old man who has been missing since January have found what are believed to be human remains.
Police say there’s no positive identification of the remains yet.
Police on Wednesday were in the Sharon area searching for Austin Colson, last seen at his home in Royalton on Jan. 11. The remains were found in Norwich, about 20 miles away.
Colson is believed to have made plans to collect scrap metal that day. The following week, the utility trailer Colson was believed to have been using was found abandoned with a partial load of scrap metal on Downer Road in Sharon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Key Largo is so flooded that crocodiles are swimming in the streets
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Ian lashes South Carolina as Florida's death toll climbs
- DeSantis, once a ‘no’ on storm aid, petitions a president he’s bashed
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce after 27 years
A number of unsuccessful searches were conducted over the winter and spring. Officials opted to resume search operations when the weather improved.