OCALA, Fla. (AP) — Relatives say a Florida girl who swallowed a thumbtack at her preschool remains hospitalized.
Aundreaa Thompson tells the Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/1NFAjxk ) that her 3-year-old cousin, Honesty Eads, is in critical condition at a Gainesville hospital.
Thompson says the family has gathered around Honesty’s hospital bed to pray for her recovery.
Police say Honesty swallowed a yellow thumbtack Monday at her Ocala preschool. According to police reports, another child alerted a teacher on the other side of the classroom that Honesty looked “like a vampire.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Reports: Man kills self after standoff at Honolulu hotel
- CVS welcomes desperate vaccine hunters looking for second dose
- A possible QAnon slip-up suggests the truth of Q's identity was right there all along
- 'White lives matter' rally goers are vastly outnumbered in Huntington Beach
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The teacher found Honesty gasping for air and bleeding from her mouth. Emergency room doctors initially couldn’t insert a breathing tube down Honesty’s throat because of the thumbtack.
Police and the Department of Children and Families are investigating.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/