MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a fire at a South Carolina apartment complex caused heavy damage to several units.
News outlets report Horry County Fire Rescue crews battled a fire at the 20-unit apartment complex Sunday morning, along with the Murrells Inlet Fire Department. The Horry County Fire Rescue said in a tweet that six units sustained heavy fire damage, and six units sustained water and smoke damage.
Fire crews believe everyone was evacuated from the building. No injuries have been reported.
The American Red Cross said in a news release that it will provide immediate assistance to 15 people.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police fatally shoot man near Ravenna Park
- Drinking alcohol key to living past 90, study says
- Seattle arboretum loop trail opens up new vistas, opportunities VIEW
- Northeast Seattle street project stirs cars-vs.-bikes debate
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
The cause of the fire is under investigation.