MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a fire at a South Carolina apartment complex caused heavy damage to several units.
News outlets report Horry County Fire Rescue crews battled a fire at the 20-unit apartment complex Sunday morning, along with the Murrells Inlet Fire Department. The Horry County Fire Rescue said in a tweet that six units sustained heavy fire damage, and six units sustained water and smoke damage.
Fire crews believe everyone was evacuated from the building. No injuries have been reported.
The American Red Cross said in a news release that it will provide immediate assistance to 15 people.
Most Read Stories
- Amazon’s Seattle hiring frenzy slows sharply; what’s going on?
- Who knew a story about Tom the Costco doorman could restore one’s faith in humanity? | Nicole Brodeur
- Swedish Health nurses and caregivers vote no confidence in leadership
- Asked & Answered: What happened to Tom the Guessing Doorman at Costco?
- Seahawks make a few roster moves, and referee for Sunday's critical game against Rams announced
The cause of the fire is under investigation.