NEW YORK (AP) — The Recording Academy’s Producers & Engineers Wing will honor Willie Nelson days before the 2019 Grammy Awards.
The academy announced Tuesday that Nelson’s career and achievements will be celebrated on Feb. 6, 2019, at The Village Studios in Los Angeles.
Neil Portnow, the academy’s president and CEO, says in a statement that “Willie Nelson has inspired generations of musicians and fans, and continues to set precedents of excellence within the music community.”
Past honorees include Quincy Jones, T Bone Burnett, Alicia Keys and Neil Young.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fake images of Trump arrest show 'giant step' for AI's disruptive power
- What to know about the eyedrops linked to deaths and vision loss
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- End of the rainbow? California bill would ban sales of Skittles, other 'toxic' snacks
- A tree fell, killing two children. Their parents are now warning others
The annual event also highlights producers and engineers in the music industry. More than 6,400 members make up the academy’s Producers & Engineers Wing.
Nelson has won eight Grammys throughout this career. The 61st annual Grammy Awards will air live Feb. 10 on CBS.