HOUSTON (AP) — Reba McEntire has sung “The Lord’s Prayer” at the Houston funeral service of former President George H.W. Bush.
The Grammy winner on Thursday followed the Oak Ridge Boys, who were one of the president’s favorite musical acts and who sang “Amazing Grace” during the service at St. Martin’s Episcopal Church in Houston.
Celebrities, including actor-politician Arnold Schwarzenegger, were among the mourners at the church where the Bush family worships. Thursday’s ceremony was final public farewell to the 41st president.
Bush will be buried during a private service later Thursday at his family plot on the Bush presidential library grounds at Texas A&M University in College Station.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Easter Sunday bomb blasts kill more than 200 in Sri Lanka VIEW
- Sri Lanka military gets special powers after deadly bombings VIEW
- Giuliani: Nothing wrong with Trump camp taking Russian help