HOUSTON (AP) — Reba McEntire has sung “The Lord’s Prayer” at the Houston funeral service of former President George H.W. Bush.
The Grammy winner on Thursday followed the Oak Ridge Boys, who were one of the president’s favorite musical acts and who sang “Amazing Grace” during the service at St. Martin’s Episcopal Church in Houston.
Celebrities, including actor-politician Arnold Schwarzenegger, were among the mourners at the church where the Bush family worships. Thursday’s ceremony was final public farewell to the 41st president.
Bush will be buried during a private service later Thursday at his family plot on the Bush presidential library grounds at Texas A&M University in College Station.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that survived California wildfire and guarded home for weeks is reunited with owner WATCH
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Michelle Obama lights up Internet with frank criticism of Facebook exec's 'lean in' mantra
- Pence aide out of running to be Trump's next chief of staff VIEW
- Drug firm can’t keep up with demand for shingles vaccine