WILSON, N.C. (AP) — Several dead dogs have been found dead in trash bags in one North Carolina county within a week.
WNCN-TV reports five dogs have been found in Wilson County since Friday. Wilson County Humane Society President Kim Edmonson says she discovered the latest dead dog on Wednesday afternoon.
The humane society believes the instances are connected.
Edmonson says Wilson County deputies said a dog found Monday was too badly decomposed to investigate, and asked the city sanitation department to dispose of the remains, but they were still there Tuesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
- 'Whoa, that's not right': Georgia towns lead census appeals
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
She said she took that dog to a vet, who determined it was an adult male pit bull mix who died from blunt force trauma.
The sheriff’s office told the station that they’ve turned the case over to an animal cruelty investigator.
Information from: WNCN-TV.