LOS ANGELES (AP) — Rapper Young Thug was arrested in Los Angeles after officers found a concealed firearm inside his car, authorities said Friday.
The rapper, whose real name is Jeffery Lamar Williams, was booked on a weapons possession charge just after midnight Friday, said Officer Drake Madison. He was being held on $35,000 bail.
Madison said several hundred people had gathered outside a Dave & Buster’s sports bar in the city’s Hollywood area, where the rapper was hosting an event for his new album, “Slime Language.”
Officers detained several in the crowd, including Williams, and officers found a firearm inside his car, Madison said. Police provided no other details.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump moves to effectively end asylum at southern border
- Diver stumbles upon a giant jellyfish as big as she is: Watch the video
- Trump digs in on racist tweets: 'Many people agree with me' VIEW
- Prosecutors want Mexican megachurch leader held without bail VIEW
- Yosemite to restore names to historic attractions under $12 million settlement
Williams was arrested in September 2017 on drug and gun charges after a traffic stop near Atlanta.
Brian Steel, an attorney who represented him in that case, did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment Friday.
This story has been corrected to show the suspect’s first name is spelled Jeffery, not Jeffrey.