MIAMI (AP) — The Florida-based rapper XXXTentacion will be released from a Miami jail on house arrest while awaiting trial on charges that he beat up his pregnant girlfriend and then tried to bribe her.
The rapper’s attorney, David Bogenschutz, said Wednesday that a judge ordered the 19-year-old rapper to be released for 60 days. That will likely happen Thursday.
Police say the rapper, whose real name is Jahseh Onfroy, beat up his then-girlfriend last year and then called her from jail, offering money if she would drop the charges. Bogenschutz declined comment on the charges.
XXXTentacion has had nine songs appear on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart this year, including “Jocelyn Flores” which peaked at No. 31.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'