LOS ANGELES (AP) — Rapper The Game has pleaded not guilty to charges filed after he was accused of punching and threatening an off-duty police officer during a basketball game.
The rapper, whose real name is Jayceon Taylor, entered the plea Monday in a Los Angeles courtroom.
Taylor was charged in June with one felony count of making criminal threats and a misdemeanor assault and battery charge over the altercation that occurred in March.
Los Angeles police officer Onyebuchi Awaji testified at a hearing earlier this month that Taylor threatened to kill him after punching him during the game after an intentional foul.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- After coronavirus superspreader event at Sturgis, Missouri hosts thousands at Lake of the Ozarks bike rally
- A teenager tested positive for coronavirus. His parents sent him to school anyway.
- Twisted Sister singer to anti-maskers: Don't use our song
A judge ruled there was sufficient evidence for Taylor to stand trial on the charges. No trial date has been set and the 36-year-old is set to return to court on Jan. 11.