LOS ANGELES (AP) — Rapper The Game has pleaded not guilty to charges filed after he was accused of punching and threatening an off-duty police officer during a basketball game.
The rapper, whose real name is Jayceon Taylor, entered the plea Monday in a Los Angeles courtroom.
Taylor was charged in June with one felony count of making criminal threats and a misdemeanor assault and battery charge over the altercation that occurred in March.
Los Angeles police officer Onyebuchi Awaji testified at a hearing earlier this month that Taylor threatened to kill him after punching him during the game after an intentional foul.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hikers found dead on California trail spent final moments trying to save baby, report says
- Is it time to change the definition of ‘fully vaccinated’?
- Parents of accused Michigan school shooter have ties to Issaquah
- Fauci says early reports encouraging about omicron variant
- The woman who could bring down Roe v. Wade
A judge ruled there was sufficient evidence for Taylor to stand trial on the charges. No trial date has been set and the 36-year-old is set to return to court on Jan. 11.