PATERSON, N.J. (AP) — Rapper Fetty Wap handed out gift cards to families at a New Jersey supermarket just in time for Easter.
The Record reports the Paterson native visited his hometown Tuesday for a giveaway at a Price Rite in Center City Mall. Marie Sweeney-Tevis, director of marketing and community relations for Inserra supermarkets, which owns Price Rite, says the organization was excited for the opportunity.
Fetty Wap, whose real name is Willie Maxwell II, says he’s fortunate to be able to help people now considering his upbringing. The rapper posed for pictures with eager fans and joked that he might land a couple Easter dinner invitations.
Fetty Wap is no stranger to giving back. He’s donated turkeys for Thanksgiving each year in Paterson since 2015.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- ‘It was like a zoo:’ Death on an unruly, overcrowded Everest
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
The rap star says he’ll always support his hometown.
This story has been corrected to show the event took place at a Price Rite store and to fix the title of the store official.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com