RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) — A Rapid City man has been sentenced to 7 1/2 years in prison for stealing beer from a store clerk who was later stabbed to death by the man’s companion.
The Rapid City Journal reports that 20-year-old Cody Grady last month pleaded guilty to robbery in the stabbing death of Loaf ‘N Jug clerk Kasie Lord on Jan. 18, 2017.
Grady’s companion, 18-year-old Carlos Quevedo, has pleaded guilty to murder and faces a mandatory life sentence.
Authorities say Lord was stabbed 38 times.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
Information from: Rapid City Journal, http://www.rapidcityjournal.com