NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A performance by rapper-singer-actress Queen Latifah has been added to this year’s Essence Festival in New Orleans.
Queen Latifah is scheduled to appear in the Superdome on Saturday, July 7, midway through the July 5-8 festival. Organizers say fans can expect to hear her most popular hits, including “U.N.I.T.Y.” and “Ladies First.”
Other headliners include Janet Jackson, who is to close out this year’s event, and perennial fan-favorites Mary J. Blige and Jill Scott.
Also set to perform are Doug E. Fresh’s Legends of Hip-Hop Show featuring Big Daddy Kane and Kool Moe Dee; Kelly Price’s “For the Love of R&B,” featuring Dave Hollister and Vaughn Willis; Mali Music; Marsha Ambrosius; and a unique DJ-curated experience with offerings by actor/DJ Idris Elba and MC Lyte.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Visit www.essence.com for more information.