LAS VEGAS (AP) — A puppy that was abandoned in a restroom at the McCarran International Airport has found a new home.
KSNV-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2ftoKTe ) the puppy named Chewy was found alone at the Vegas airport this summer with a note from its owner saying she had leave the dog behind while escaping an abusive relationship.
The owner wrote that her boyfriend had also hurt the 2-pound (1-kilogram) Chihuahua.
The foster parent who has been caring for Chewy, Patricia Montano, says the puppy had a bump on his head and some jaw pain, but is doing better.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Donald Trump Jr.’s wife reportedly found ‘sexy texts’ from Aubrey O’Day while he was in the shower
- American family of four found dead while on vacation in Mexico, police say
- Bones discovered on Pacific island belong to Amelia Earhart, new forensic analysis shows VIEW
- Hundreds of dead cattle lead to California rancher's arrest
- Sacramento shooting: How police opened fire on unarmed black man with cellphone
Thousands of people applied to adopt Chewy after his story garnered international attention. He will be going to live with a Las Vegas family, whose identity has not been revealed.
Information from: KSNV-TV, http://www.mynews3.com/index.php