LAS VEGAS (AP) — A puppy that was abandoned in a restroom at the McCarran International Airport has found a new home.
KSNV-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2ftoKTe ) the puppy named Chewy was found alone at the Vegas airport this summer with a note from its owner saying she had leave the dog behind while escaping an abusive relationship.
The owner wrote that her boyfriend had also hurt the 2-pound (1-kilogram) Chihuahua.
The foster parent who has been caring for Chewy, Patricia Montano, says the puppy had a bump on his head and some jaw pain, but is doing better.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
Thousands of people applied to adopt Chewy after his story garnered international attention. He will be going to live with a Las Vegas family, whose identity has not been revealed.
Information from: KSNV-TV, http://www.mynews3.com/index.php