LAS VEGAS (AP) — A puppy that was abandoned in a restroom at the McCarran International Airport has found a new home.
KSNV-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2ftoKTe ) the puppy named Chewy was found alone at the Vegas airport this summer with a note from its owner saying she had leave the dog behind while escaping an abusive relationship.
The owner wrote that her boyfriend had also hurt the 2-pound (1-kilogram) Chihuahua.
The foster parent who has been caring for Chewy, Patricia Montano, says the puppy had a bump on his head and some jaw pain, but is doing better.
Most Read Stories
- 2 police officers shot, suspect killed in Bremerton
- Violations prompt Washington state to cancel Atlantic salmon farm lease at Port Angeles WATCH
- Earl Thomas says maybe injured Bobby Wagner shouldn't have played; Wagner says to 'keep my name out yo mouth'
- Analysis: Three thoughts on the Rams' dethroning of the Seahawks in 42-7 blowout WATCH
- Four-star linebacker Brandon Kaho picks Washington over Alabama, BYU
Thousands of people applied to adopt Chewy after his story garnered international attention. He will be going to live with a Las Vegas family, whose identity has not been revealed.
Information from: KSNV-TV, http://www.mynews3.com/index.php