LAS VEGAS (AP) — A puppy that was abandoned in a restroom at the McCarran International Airport has found a new home.
KSNV-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2ftoKTe ) the puppy named Chewy was found alone at the Vegas airport this summer with a note from its owner saying she had leave the dog behind while escaping an abusive relationship.
The owner wrote that her boyfriend had also hurt the 2-pound (1-kilogram) Chihuahua.
The foster parent who has been caring for Chewy, Patricia Montano, says the puppy had a bump on his head and some jaw pain, but is doing better.
Most Read Stories
- Police: Lynnwood 6-year-old drowned in bathtub by visiting relative
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- Dough Zone opens in Seattle: better than Din Tai Fung?! | Cheap Eats
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
Thousands of people applied to adopt Chewy after his story garnered international attention. He will be going to live with a Las Vegas family, whose identity has not been revealed.
Information from: KSNV-TV, http://www.mynews3.com/index.php