CHILLICOTHE, Ohio (AP) — A puppy found at an Ohio park with “FREE” written on her fur has a new home.
The Ross County Humane Society says a family adopted the 5-month-old female mixed lab on Wednesday.
The shelter says it received nearly 100 applications to adopt the dog after it was found inside a cage at a Chillicothe (chil-ih-KAH’-thee) park last week.
Linette Wrightsel says her daughter begged her to go to the shelter and that they both connected with the puppy right away.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- Trump asks Supreme Court to intervene in Mar-a-Lago dispute
- Marin, once known for vaccine skeptics, now tells them ‘You’re not welcome’
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
Wrightsel says they couldn’t resist.
The shelter’s director says whoever left the dog used a permanent marker to write “FREE” and “GOOD HOME ONLY” on its fur.
Workers at the shelter were able to clean up the markings before putting her up for adoption.