MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) — An Oregon State Police trooper rescued 10 German shepherd Husky puppies from a hot car trunk during a traffic stop.
Oregon State Police say the trooper stopped a car Monday afternoon on Interstate 5 just south of Medford, Oregon.
Police say the trooper noticed signs of suspicious activity which led to a search of the car and the discovery of the dogs.
Police say the pups were being transported from Fontana, California to Seattle without water or access to air conditioning. The National Weather Service says temperatures reached 88 degrees in Medford Monday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump moves to effectively end asylum at southern border
- Trump digs in on racist tweets: 'Many people agree with me' VIEW
- Diver stumbles upon a giant jellyfish as big as she is: Watch the video
- Prosecutors want Mexican megachurch leader held without bail VIEW
- Yosemite to restore names to historic attractions under $12 million settlement
The puppy owner was cited for animal neglect and the puppies were taken to Jackson County Animal Services.