ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A Florida police officer who was the first on the scene of a deadly nightclub massacre will be a guest at the State of the Union address.
The Orlando Sentinel reports Orlando Police officer Adam Gruler will be joined by his wife Jaimi, a teacher with Florida Virtual School, at President Trump’s speech.
Gruler was the first officer to confront the gunman, who killed 49 people on June 12, 2016.
Since the shooting, the Grulers have been focused on growing their family. Last year, on National Adoption Day, the couple adopted three children, growing their family from six to nine.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- House condemns Trump 'racist' tweets in extraordinary rebuke VIEW
- Diver stumbles upon a giant jellyfish as big as she is: Watch the video
- Here are the Republicans who broke with their party and other takeaways from the vote on Trump’s language
- Notre-Dame came far closer to collapsing than anybody knew VIEW
- Prosecutors want Mexican megachurch leader held without bail VIEW
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/