ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A Florida police officer who was the first on the scene of a deadly nightclub massacre will be a guest at the State of the Union address.
The Orlando Sentinel reports Orlando Police officer Adam Gruler will be joined by his wife Jaimi, a teacher with Florida Virtual School, at President Trump’s speech.
Gruler was the first officer to confront the gunman, who killed 49 people on June 12, 2016.
Since the shooting, the Grulers have been focused on growing their family. Last year, on National Adoption Day, the couple adopted three children, growing their family from six to nine.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Bombshell book alleges a Vatican gay subculture, hypocrisy
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/